The main mission of the JIMS mobile application is to enhance the safety of all Jamaicans and visitors by enabling the National Works Agency (“NWA”) (an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation and by extension the Government of Jamaica established under and by virtue of the Executive Agencies Act, Jamaica with offices located at 140 Maxfield Avenue, Kingston 10) to assist in the response to emergency events happening on the main road network across Jamaica.
It is our vision to utilize technology to give citizens of Jamaica a platform to share and report incidents happening across the main road network of Jamaica and for said incidents to be properly documented and responded to.
3. PROTECTION OF DATA
- We record the information we need to provide our services: informing you of incidents happening around you that may affect your commute and safety and helping you get emergency assistance when in need.
- The personal information we collect will be stored for a short duration and will not be utilized by third parties.
- Content visible to any other user on the platform is considered public data (for example, publicly posted pictures, comments and videos). You have control over public data that is tied to your account, and you have the ability to delete data you have posted. You can also delete your account from the app or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to delete your account.
4. CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Content not publicly accessible to other users on the platform is considered private data.
Information you provide us directly:
- Contact information: We use your email address and phone number to set up and validate your user account and to prevent abuse of the platform. We may share personal information (a) with law enforcement as we’ve explained in the Information for Law Enforcement Authorities; (b) as otherwise required by law; (c) to enforce the terms and conditions that govern the platform and protection our rights; and (d) to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the JIMS.
- Communications between you and other Users. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails and notifications.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the JIMS/NWA. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular User.
- · If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser for technical information.
Log file information
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by JIMS.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
· We use your geolocation data to send you safety notifications for incidents reported near you. You choose whether to share your location, and Users will be permitted to deny access to location data in your device settings.
5. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the application on your device
- · We aggregate user activity data for analysis to improve ’s user experience.
6. STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Amazon Web Services
- · We use AWS to host our infrastructure and for Cloud Storage Services.
Length of Data Retention
7. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
· JIMS/NWA uses reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of personal information. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information. In the event it is required to notify you about a situation involving your data, we may do so by email or telephone to the extent permitted by law.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of affiliates that JIMS/NWA is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We may also share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share your information with other platforms managed by the NWA, to coordinate the different agencies in case of an emergency or that government entities or agencies need to be coordinated.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
What happens in the event of a change of control: