The National Works Agency along with the Jamaica Constabulary Force and TGE Consulting Limited will be implementing traffic changes on a number of roads in the Corporate Area to facilitate an International Premier Movie Event on January 23, 2023 at the Carib Theatre.
The following changes should be noted from 12:00 noon to 12:00 midnight:
• Closure of Slipe Road to regular traffic between Orange Street and Half Way Tree Road.
• Old Hope Road will be converted to one-way northbound between Half Way Tree Road and Caledonia Avenue.
• Studio One Boulevard will be converted to one-way northbound between Lyndhurst Road and Retirement Road.
• Retirement Road will be converted to one-way eastbound between Studio One Boulevard and Half Way Tree Road.
• Retirement Road will be converted to one way westbound between Studio Boulevard and Retirement Crescent.
• Studio One Boulevard will be closed between Slipe Pen Road and Slipe Road.
• Admiral Pen Road will be closed between Slipe Pen Road and Slipe Road.
• Marescaux Road will be converted to one way Southbound between Caledonia Crescent and Heroes Circle.
• Taxis normally parked along Caledonia Crescent and Slipe Road will be relocated to the former King Burger lands.
• Coasters normally parked along Lewers Crescent will be relocated to park along Caledonia Crescent.
• JUTC buses will be allowed to travel as normal along Slipe Road during the hours of the closure.
• Parking of patrons will take place within National Heroes Circle.
• The Jamaica Constabulary Force will provide officers to man all control points.
• Carib Theatre will be closed to regular patrons during the period of the closure.
The public is hereby advised to comply with the instructions given by officers of the JCF manning the affected intersections and road closure points