The National Works Agency, an Executive Agency of the Government of Jamaica is seeking suitably qualified individuals for the above-mentioned position.
Report to: Director of Public Procurement
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Public Administration, Public Sector Management,
Economics, Accounts or related field equivalent
• 3years related work experience in procurement of goods and service
• Certificate in Public Procurement: INDP/CIP Level 2 or INPRI Level 3
SKILLS REQUIREMENT/KEY COMPETENCIES
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of Government Public Procurement Act 2015 &
• Good knowledge of Contract Administration
• Good knowledge of stipulations of the FAAA Act
• Proficient in computer applications
• Prepare tender notices and advertisements
• Prepare Request For Quotation for goods, general services and minor
• Obtain quotations/ tenders from appropriately qualified suppliers
• Represent Procurement Unit at Tender closing and opening exercises
as Tender Officer.
• Maintain Procurement records in good order to facilitate audit and other
• Prepare Quarterly Contracts Award report to relevant agencies
• Maintain a database of all bonds and insurances and ensure that they
are current at all times and take responsibility for the safekeeping and
return of all relevant documents.
• Manage the advertising process for procurements, procurement
correspondence, bid receipt and bid opening in strict accordance within
mandated procurement procedures.
• Maintain procurement filing system
• Maintain a list of vendors and contractors supplying various items and
• Develop and execute measurement tools to accurately gauge vendor’s
performance (quality delivery time’s etc.) and communicate results
internally and externally as necessary.
• Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased
costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories,
compiling data on these for internal monthly reports.
• Monitor and report the procurement implementation status and progress
• Prepare reports of and for procurement meetings.
All applications should be submitted no later than
Friday, October 11, 2019 to:
Manager, Personnel and Industrial Relations or email to:
National Works Agency
140 Maxfield Avenue
The Agency thanks all applicants in advance. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted