The National Works Agency, an Executive Agency of the Government of Jamaica invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of:
SENIOR COMMUNICATION OFFICER (Level 6)
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• University Degree in Mass Communication or equivalent
• Advance Training in Social Marketing, Public Policy/Public
Administration would be an asset
• Specialized training in Visual Arts Production
• A minimum of three years related experience
• Coordinate and implement communication programmes
designed to create and maintain a favourable public image for
• Prepare information designed to keep the public informed of the
Agency’s programmes, achievements and points of view.
• Arrange meetings and make presentations on the Agency
regarding policies and programmes to groups and provide
feedback to the Communication Manager on customer
concerns and suggestions.
• Monitor media response to the Agency’s policies and
programmes and prepare responses when necessary.
• Seek information and write articles for quarterly newsletter and
coordinate contributions by other team members.
• Assist with the resolution of all customer complaints received by
• Provide analyses/evaluations of complaints/reports and of the
investigating department’s responses.
• Participate in the planning and implementation of corporate
events and represents the Agency at community/ social events.
Submitted application in writing no later than
Friday, July 23, 2021 to:
Manager, Personnel and Industrial Relations,
National Works Agency,
140 Maxfield Avenue, Kingston 10 or
The Agency thanks all applicants in advance.
Only individuals short-listed will be contacted.